- Reduces the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles
“What It Does“
- Smooths facial lines, wrinkles, and scars and enhances the appearance of the lip border in one treatment
- Replenishes the skin’s natural collagen support layer
- Usually injected around the mouth, perioral and/or buccolabial folds
- Healing time varies, many people can return to work the same day
- No specific instructions
“How Long It Lasts“
- Immediate, lasts 3 – 6 months
Collagen, a dermal filler is a part of the natural support structure of your skin. Wrinkles form when this natural collagen thins. This loss is mostly a factor of aging, but exposure, pollution, health, heredity and lifestyle also play roles. Without enough collagen, wrinkles and lines start to form wherever the skin moves. Collagen replenishes the skin’s collagen layer, smoothing lines and wrinkles, and adding definition to lip borders from the inside out. And results are immediate.
Collagen is naturally derived from highly purified bovine collagen that are injected just under the surface of the skin. Like your own collagen, your body eventually absorbs this collagen so ongoing treatments are necessary to maintain results. If you discontinue treatments, the new collagen is simply reabsorbed and your face gradually returns to its natural contours. Treatment is usually done around frown lines, the lip border, and/or mouth area.
While healing time varies, many people return to work the same day. People absorb collagen at varying rates, but generally lasts 3-6 months. Most patients have great success with collagen treatments and experience no adverse events. (for more information, visit: www.inamed.com)
Schedule A Consultation Now!
Communication is not secure. Contacting the practice does not establish a physician/ patient relationship.*